Reports to: Group Work Facilitator, Volunteers Coordinator
Hours: 3hrs including set up and clear down .
Commitment needed for full 8-12 week period January to April / April to July / September to December
Various days – Mon. Tue, Wed, Fri (not Thursday)
Location: Pankhurst Centre
Aims of Role:
Help ensure a positive and empowering experience for Manchester Women’s Aid service users attending group counselling.
• To assist the facilitator in setting up the room, resources and refreshments.
• Organise group resources and ensure participants complete relevant paperwork at beginning and end of group work as appropriate. • Help participants settle into the group and encourage service user participation during the group. Offer support if necessary.
• To assist other volunteers / staff with clearing up after the group.
Qualities / Skills:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• A friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner.
• Good level of literacy and confident in group situations.
• Presentation skills Training / Supervision:
• DVA and Safeguarding training
• Supervision and support available from the Volunteer Coordinator
We particularly welcome applications from disabled, BAME and LGBTQia+ candidates as our service aims to reflect the diversity of the city which we serve. If you have any additional support needs, these can be discussed with the Volunteers Coordinator.
How to Apply:
Please download and complete the application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop into the Museum on a Thursday between 11am and 3pm and ask to speak to Esther Lisk-Carew, Volunteers Coordinator
Call (during office hours) 0161 273 5673 (temporarily unavailable)
PANKHURST TRUST VALUES
Generous: sharing our skills, creating energetic positive links, and thriving together
Affirming: supporting and inspiring, paying attention to discover what matters
Courageous: challenging inequality, stepping forward and making change
Rooted: secure and participating in our communities, nurturing a sense of belonging