To provide a safe and stimulating environment for women to meet, take part in activities if interested, share healthy food and socialise. Signpost to appropriate service as necessary
- Help set up the dining room and meet and greet clients.
- Encourage service user participation during Drop- in activities and consult with clients to plan activities they would like to take part in.
- To empower service users.
- Report any Safeguarding concerns.
- Assist service-users who want to access the Legal and Shelter Clinic.
- Coordinate lunch and refreshments and assist other volunteers/staff with clearing up at the end of the drop in.
Qualities and Skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Awareness of Domestic abuse; a friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner.
Training and Supervision
- A period of on-the-job training (shadowing) with The Pankhurst Drop in Volunteers and Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Domestic Abuse awareness training plus other training offered sporadically. Regular support in the form of group supervision on a monthly basis.
- Facilitator and Volunteer Development Coordinator
Hours of Work
- Wednesday 11.30-2pm