To enhance children’s play. Specifically for children over 5 years.
- To support the Play worker set up the session and tidy away.
- To enhance the play of children over 5 years.
- To be playful with the children and follow their lead.
Qualities and Skills
- To have a playful disposition and a good sense of humour.
- To be able to follow a child’s lead and not lead a child’s play.
- To be a good listener.
- To have an awareness of the needs of different cultures and religions.
- To have an awareness of the impact of domestic violence on children.
Training and Supervision
- Safeguarding children on-line training.
- Play training session with Senior Play worker.
- Group supervision on a monthly basis (one-to one supervision can be arranged if necessary)
- Senior Play Worker
Hours of work
- Term time 3:30 -5:30
- School holidays 1-3pm