Remember you are not alone - domestic abuse can happen to anyone no matter your age, race, class, culture, disability, gender, sexuality or lifestyle.

If you wish to self-refer for support at Manchester Women’s Aid, or if you’re a professional who would like to refer someone to us, please use the form on this page and follow the instructions below.

Self Referrals

Please make sure you give us as much detail as possible in your referral form so we can tailor support for you. Please provide up to date contact details and instructions on how it is safest to contact you.

Need help? If you need support filling in the form or have any questions about the support we provide, please call our helpline on 0161 660 7999


Professional Referrals

If you are an agency making a referral for a client, please email and we will send you a referral form.

Please note: We cannot accept your referral without a form.

If you have any questions about our referral process or the support we provide please call the centre on 0161 660 7999

Other ways to be referred to us

Through Your Housing Solutions Officer 

We support individuals and families who’ve experienced domestic abuse and homelessness. If this is you, and you live in Manchester City Council Safe Temporary Accommodation, speak to your housing solutions officer about making a referral to us.

Through your Healthcare Specialist

GPs, midwives and dentists work in conjunction with Manchester Women’s Aid to help identify signs of domestic violence and abuse and help those affected get the help they need.

Find out how to get a referral through your healthcare specialist.

Open modal